Follow an inexperienced hiker through the woods.
-Updated about every fair weather Friday-

Friday, October 15, 2010

I Must be a Hobbit

"For all Hobbits share a love of things that grow." This line is from The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (it's in the film, I'll have to check if the exact line is in the book).

My mom and I are heading up to Hadley Mt. tomorrow, given that the rain is polite; I told her that even if it does rain I'll still be happy to go. For the last week I have been stuck in the woods of Troy where the gray mountains can be scaled with the push of a button and the air is heavy with the stink of human. I need to smell the earth, I need to hear my footfalls on the root-laden dirt, and I need to feel the ache in my muscles and the excitement in my heart.

You don't realize how attached to something you have become until you don't have it.
G

No comments:

Post a Comment